I ponder this all the time now because:
- So many people in my personal and professional life know who I really am. This gives them the ability to judge me by my BMCing here on the blog. Perhapsee they have one impression of who I am and then they read this and say "OMG - Who KNEW she is so dysfunctional?"
- I don't want sound like a whiney girl all the time. (I'm usually the one who listens to people.)
- Negativity is not good for the soul.
- He may, someday/somehow, read the post and see me differently (in a negative/judgmental way).
At the same time, the "cons":
- Maybe someone will relate to what I have to say and feel better about their own situation.
- Perhapsee by writing about it and getting it out there, it will be therapy for me (which was my original objective of the blog).
- My friends are so sick of hearing me talk about it that I will have an objective/independent audience for feedback.
What do you think? Should I dish? I am going to leave this one to the floor to discuss and reply. I have taken off the "no anonymous comments allowed" feature. Please feel free to be honest.
When I first started this blog, it was SO therapeutic because I could say whatever I wanted without fearing that my family, friends, colleagues, and potential business acquaintances would read it and know who I was. Now, I'm all over the map and it is scary. I'm finding it a dilemma.