Sunday, April 21, 2013

Birthday Week

I just got back from Virginia last night.  I had a fantabulous time with the family and friends - as anticipated.  I had to get out of Kuwait for this special occasion because I was determined to make it better than other sucky occasions earlier this year - and it worked.

[I'm not writing anything more about Desert Guy, Teddy, or even The Romanian.  All that is off the radar.   New life has begun and I'm happy (Mashallah); despite some misguided attempts by the aforementioned players to the contrary.  You can't start a new chapter if you keep re-reading the book....  bygones.  Adios.  Vija con Dios.]

I had several very good/very deep conversations with my sister.  She has helped me put things into perspective and has let me see a righteous path towards solving my recent difficulties.  I feel so much more centered and grounded and I feel good about myself.   My mom always does that for me too.  This time around, I had the added bonus of being in the company of two of my long-time friends in DC for a birthday dinner.  Everything was just content. 

It was Spring in Washington - which is probably my favorite place to celebrate the season.  Everything was green and the flowers were out this week in particular.

I had a lovely flight back - slept most of the way - and woke up this morning at 3am (which means I'm going to crash sometime this afternoon).   

I can't wait to go visit my buddies; South on Thursday night and North sometime in-between now and then.  I miss them.

Thanks to all of you who sent me birthday wishes. :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really had your readers worried at some point. I honestly would not be surprised if you marched up the aisle on your United Airways flight (you're their biggest supporter!) and grabbed the entire bottle of vodka making your way back to your seat mumbling something like, "Please understand." As you rave about how nice the studardess's are on this flight, they probably would have understood. You were a wreck, so glad to see that you had a wonderful time with your family and did a little soul searching. No one will love you more than your family and your dog.

Anonymous said...

Assalamu Alaikum desert girl, I have really missed reading your posts! Got so excited to see your post today lol! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time, nothing beats spending quality time with family and friends xxx