Friday, December 02, 2011

Alexander The Braveheart

My nephew is destined for greatness.  He's always been unique and I love him for it.  He's a senior in high school and has been giving the William Wallace speech from Braveheart at the beginning of every game to his team members in the locker room.  He's been watching Braveheart since he was a little kid and I can remember watching the movie with him; he standing on the sofa, bellowing out every line Mel Gibson had.

I can't believe he's going to graduate this coming year.  He was 2 when I left to move to Kuwait and I've missed his whole life.



1 comment:

Expat and the City said...

Great post! It brought tears to my eyes when I read you left the US when he was two and now he is seventeen. That you missed out on his entire life.

I don't think I can do it anymore. The holidays are killing me this year. I miss home. :(