Monday, August 29, 2011

Caterer who can FOLLOW American recipes?

My friend, Flyboy, is looking for a caterer to work his annual Thanksgiving fete.  He and his wife usually spend 2 days cooking for around 20 people.  This year, he would like to give someone his recipes and pay them to cater.  The kicker is that the caterer actually has to STICK TO the recipes.

(...and then, I'll sneak in my own recipes, pay the caterer, and pretend that I made them.  Hehee.)

We wouldn't want Flyboy's Thanksgiving to include "stuffing log" (WTF is a stuffing log???) as the Crowne Plaza has mistakenly made for American palates in the past.  (Also, CP, Asian noodle salad is NOT one of our staple T-day sides!)

Anybody know anybody?  Write to me:  amerab@gmail.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was in Kuwait, I would do it for free. I miss cooking for large groups. As a southern boy, I would have to throw some of my own foods in the mix.

Possumdawg said...

Can you guys get fresh pecans?

Crazy in Kuwait said...

Hey I know a girl who works on KBOSS and her mom makes the most amazing food. I've eaten some and it's to die for. I can give you her email if you want.

Anonymous said...

You can get US grown peecans at the Sultan Center occasionally - of course you may need to mortgage your house to get them. However, LuLu Center also carries in-the-shell bagged pecans from unknown locations. I haven't looked in a while for them since the first time I saw them I bought enough to Peecan Pie just about everyone I know...