Saturday, April 23, 2011

Do I care?

Okay, so recently, it has been pointed out to me that several people that I might have otherwise thought didn't know who I am in "real" life (non-blogsphere life) actually know who I am.  And to that I say:

I don't care.

I remain anonymous because Kuwait is small (ergo the finding out who I really am part) and because of  gray areas in the technology/cyber laws.  However, if some I know is to find out (as many have) who I really am, je ne give-a-shit pas because truthfully, I'm not here to bash people, to reveal photos, or to hurt anyone.

I started this blog as my own personal therapy and to help me rant.  Some people pay a lot of money going to therapists.  I go to blogsphere.    I used to rant to the newspapers and was published there before I even knew what a blog was.  Sometimes I used my real name and sometimes I didn't.

It isn't like who I am is a huge secret.  Seriously, if you know who I am in "real life" then obviously you know a lot more about me now.  Will that help you form an opinion of me one way or another?  Again, I'm self-confident enough to honestly say either way, I am fine with it..  If it is a good opinion, good.  If it is a bad opinion, BFD, who cares?  Everybody is entitled to their own perspective, right?

Hopefully, when asked, I will have something good to say about people I know.  Hopefully, when asked, they will have something good to say about me.  If not.. okay then.

9 comments:

American Girl said...

I absolutely love your blog and the fact you keep it personal. It's what makes you interesting. Your personality shines through with every post -- and it's simply amazing!

If people are seeking to know more than that, then they probably need to invest a bit more time in their own lives.

Desert Girl said...

Thank you. You help keep it real. Love you, girl! :*

Butterfly on the Wall said...

I started a blog to stay sane too!
I love you and will always have something good to say about you. :-D Muuuuuah!

Anonymous said...

As the quote goes " What you think of me is none of my business". :)

Crazy in Kuwait said...

I agree with you. We bloggers write about what we experience as a way to tell stories. I hate when I write something and people who disagree want to turn it into a debate. I'm like if you don't like it don't read it. Keep on doing what you're doing Desert Girl! If all of us female bloggers got together that would be one crazy party lol

Anonymous said...

You keep doing what your doing. Your blog helps expats see the Kuwait that is hidden and brings a giggle to the things that are just so unimaginable to even consider.
When poeple stop talking about you your 15 minutes are up :)

Unknown said...

Do what you do best and forget about the rest!

Anonymous said...

I think you're courageous. The blogs you are posting are non-biased obviously. I've been in Fahaheel for about a week now and I see everybody is living by the book, but i cant help to think this is all for show. Not everybody, but no place is without corruption. BTW this K.D. is breaking an American like me who just got here lol. good luck with you blog

Desert Girl said...

Anonymous 10:29 - Tanks for the compliments.

Problem is, American contractors usually agree to get paid in USD rather than KD and they don't realize how bad they are getting screwed until they get here.

Nothing is by the books. It is all smoke and mirrors. You'll see...