Sunday, January 30, 2011

Little Red Corvette

I was waiting for my friend, S, today.  We have been planning to go out to dinner and I hate driving very far these days, so we ended up at the restaurants at Bidaa.  While I was waiting for her, I watched a pretty red Corvette drive by with 2 ladies wearing hejab inside.  I thought that was pretty cool and forward-thinking.  Then, I watched as my friend, S, and her friend got out!  AWESOME!  S is fighting off a bad heartache and rented the vette while her car was being serviced.  That is so cool and I am so jealous.

I feel like a fish out of water without a sports car.  I have ALWAYS driven sports cars (except for once back in the 80's when I had a Grand Prix that I had a love affair with). All the sports cars I've had have been manual transmission: I had a Honda CRX, a Formula Firebird, a classic "Smokey and The Bandit" '78 Trans Am with racing slicks, a 300ZX twin turbo, and then a Stealth Twin Turbo.  I sold the Stealth about 4 years ago and ever since, I have felt like I'm missing a limb (or a stick shift...).  I don't feel good.  I don't feel like me.

I want a sports car.  I was thinking about the Camaro, but then I saw that pretty little corvette and my heart went pitty patter.  It HAS to be manual transmission, however.  Too many nancy-boy girlie-men around here driving gorgeous sports cars and then ... the let down.... an automatic gear shift.  Pansies!

I think it is time to do it.  I feel the need for speed again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DO IT!! DO IT!!

Anonymous said...

not a sports car but ... i have a MINI Clubman back home that I tool around town in .... feel lost in Kuwait without it ... my Sahara Wrangler just doesn't do it.

Stan said...

I say just go for it DG. Speed thrills and try the new Mustang 5.0,It's awesome. Camaro's are hard to live with.