Monday, November 15, 2010

Vagazzle: Stooping to new lows in trailer-trash fashion

... I was hanging with LOL and Butterfly today and I just learned this term, "Vagazzle."  It is "blinging your beaver" (according to the Urban Dictionary - not just me).  I have never heard of such a thing.  LOL said she had a bikini wax while in Texas (the most painful experience of her life so she said) and they asked her if she wanted to "be vagazzled."  They attach tiny crystals to your pubic area (above the hoohoo) in whatever shape you desire.  Butterfly chimed in that it sounded like something strippers would do.  I said, 'Yeah, like in the shape of a dollar sign.'  to which she replied, "VaCHING".

What WILL they think of next?  I wonder if it will become fashionable in Kuwait.  Hmmmmm......  Men?

Otay, we really didn't mean to be disrespectful to the families sitting around us, but by the time we left, we were all howling in laughter.  Tooooooo funny.

We were at a new restaurant, Maadenaa (22499101),  that Slapperella recommended. It is on the 28th floor of an office building, Gasem Tower on Sour Street across from the Skating Rink.  The food is Kuwaiti and Moroccan (which is an odd combination).  Not really my idea of true Kuwaiti cooking, but if you don't know the difference (real Kuwaiti), it is passable.  I bet it is baGorgeous at night.  Definitely worth going to just for the view.


I also went to the Kuwait Towers (aka "Balls of Kuwait") with a few friends who are in town visiting.  I hadn't been there in years and I don't think I'll be back again to visit for a while.  I got a much better view from the Maadenaa Restaurant - sans the 2KD per person entrance fee.  The Towers just aint that fascinating for the money - plus it seems a little worn and not very clean. I bought a Bounty bar (my favorite) for .450 fils as the guys behind the counter tried to explain how much money that is in dollars (seeing the look of shock on my face).  Guess they thought I was yet another visitor.  Nope; just someone who doesn't want to overpay for my sugar fix.   We took the usual touristy teabagger photo shot (looking up from below) and went on our merry way.

So far, this has been a most exciting Eid holiday vacation, so it is.

I went to the desert with The Man and Desert Dawg on Friday.  We had a nice little pot of tea under the stars  close to Nuwaiseeb (to avoid the crowds near Julai'ai and Bnaider) with The Man's new little generator (which we really had no need for and eventually turned off).  The sand was really soft so we dug a hole for a fire and stayed for several hours in peace.  I LOVE going to the desert with him.  I just love it.  It is so sweet and romantic and we always have something to talk about.  Fridays are my favorite day of the week.  Unfortunately, Saturdays usually seriously suck and I get depressed and extremely grumpy when he's got to go.

I had a few old friends over for lunch on Saturday (it turned out to be a very very good day).  I've known these 2 guys for a looooooooooooong time (I aint confessing to how many years I've known them because it would age me).  Tailored Suits brought enough lunch for 10 people (we were only 4); cooked by one of his two wives - dunno which.  The Ambassador hadn't seen TS in years so it was interesting to see them together again - asking about each other's kids and stuff.  So, they left and I had so much food left that I decided to pawn it all off on Slapperella and The Romanian in to-go bags (in this case, they were Ikea shopping bags full of plastic containers).

Was supposed to go out with another Kuwaiti girlfriend and her daughters later in the night, but I was too tired and asked them to come to my place. Thank God, they did, and I could get rid of most of the deserts!  Woo hoo.  We ended up sitting out in the garden and laughing for hours and hours.  I had missed them.

Life is really good, ya know?



4 comments:

Nikki said...

What comes after vajazzling? Vattooing. Look it up: http://thegloss.com/culture/yet-another-way-to-decorate-your-vagina-va-ttooing/

(May not be safe for work.)

mrdirector80 said...

Ha ha! I won't comment on the vagazzle thing! Too graphic!!

The desert sounds great. I think it's really cold now (what's the temperature at night?).

As for the "balls of Kuwait" (love the description :D), I've been there once when I was little and I can't remember the interior now. The towers only look good from the outside.

Glad you're enjoying yourself. I was supposed to meet up with someone when I came over to Kuwait, but it didn't happen. Guess there's always Christmas...I guess.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

Eidich mubarak :)

ridwan said...

About what kind of price range for this 28th floor restaurant? (and, did you mention what it's called?)

Also, desert sounds amazing; same question as mrd about temperature.
We're still new in q8-- are there any camping stores that we can go and get a simple tent from? You know, the stick two poles in an x-pattern type?

Desert Girl said...

Ridwan, The most expensive item on the menu is 5.500. Most of the dishes are in the 3-4 kd range. The name of the restaurant is Maadenaa.

Camping stores - not really. Ace Hardware or The Sultan Center for simple tents.