Saturday, February 06, 2010

Endangered animal pelts?





I went to the Iranian Market (road behind Friday Market) and saw these (entrance#1). They look like some kind of endangered species, but I have no idea what kind. I've never seen these patterns before. They looked like the skins from the heads were attached (you can see it at the top of one of the photos). They were selling for around 30KD. Disturbed me greatly. You never know what you are going to find in Kuwait. I hated seeing this.
There ARE some pelts (not so endangered species) that I would love to see hanging in the market - starting with the inbred men who were at Al-Dolhama vets the other night sitting across the room from me, talking about me as IF I didn't understand what they were saying. I told Desert Dawg (in Arabic). "Don't get close to the dirty people. I don't want you to catch anything." THOSE guys would look good skinned.

4 comments:

Baroon said...

I am not a expert but there is a great chance that its artifical. I guess any endangered species fra worth more than KD 30.

Desert Girl said...

They sure didn't look fake. I took a good look.

7aneen said...

Giraffe? In the last pic?

guy12345 said...

its actually much darker, those a dog skins. They skin the dogs and dye the pelts to look like tiger so they can make a lot of money, people there go around picking up strays and doing this sick thing.