Sunday, April 12, 2009

Calling friends in Houston

If there is anyone out there in Houston who might be able to help: A colleague at work has a 5 year old niece with leukemia. They will travel to MD Anderson in Houston for treatment, but don't know anyone there. They've asked me to help. I tell them that it is a big country and I don't know everybody. Unfortunately, I don't have friends in Houston.

They probably won't need to ask any questions, but it might make them feel better just to have a point of contact there. They speak English and have resources. They are just looking for a friend incase they get in a jam.

Can anyone help?

7 comments:

Sal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nYx said...

Am putting this out on my facebook account. Maybe someone I know, who knows someone who inturn knows someone can help!
I'll spread the word ASAP!

Sal said...

Hi Desert girl
must say its my first time in your blog and i enjoyed it
second may i wish the poor girl the best of wishes and good luck in her cancer fighting.

they might get some help from the kuwaiti student in TX , more info could be found on nuks.org

i did come cross the following link that offer some members in the different states .

http://nuks.org/index.php?option=com_contact&view=category&catid=16&Itemid=56


Sal

abolesanzalef said...

Hope to help...

abolesanzalef said...

hope to help...

Emily said...

Try couchsurfer.com and look for a verified member.

MKWMDA said...

Hi, I know this is a super old post, but I wanted you to know that I am from Houston, and used to work at MD Anderson. I have many contacts there. If you ever need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me, I would be happy to help.