Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Not YOU again...

I saw a police cruiser this morning on my first day back at work with the number 6969, so therefore I take it as a good omen for the day. My mind works in confusing ways, but I’m sure it will be a good thing.

I know, it’s Ramadan, right? Get your mind out of the gutter, DG; Not a possibility, unfortunately/fortunately. If I can turn something into a dirty innuendo -- why not? I don’t see the problem with that. Bu Merdas has literally begged me not to call him during the day in Ramadan. He knows me well. As Austin Powers says, “Do I make you horny, baybeeee?” (Again, that’s not my problem.) I love calling my friends during Ramadan days, talking really dirty and then hanging up. I am The Corruptor. When they call me back, I plead insanity (as if that is a far stretch, right?). 'Did I do that?' Life is full of temptation. Is all about how you resist it (or not....).

Ok, so my vacation was toooooo short. I didn’t even know where I was the day after I got back. Bunny called me in the morning and said, “Welcome back to Kuwait.” And I’m like, ‘I’m not in Kuwait… wait a minute… where am I?’ He knows that I am a confused person, so he goes along with my craziness.

This was one of the best summer vacations I've ever had. I was so happy. And now... I'm here. Sniffle whimper.

Something completely different; babynames: I have a dual passport holding (Kuwait/US) friend who just named his daughter "Hoor". I spell it that way to be nice, although to me, it sounded a whole lot like "whore". He told me "Hoor" means mermaid in Arabic. Let me asks you this: Who tha fek would name their daughter that - knowing full well that she will probably travel to a Western country someday? I couldn't let this pass by without notice. Dirty Hoor. Your sister is a Hoor. Your mother is a Hoor. SonofaHoor. Customs dude in a Western country, "So, Mam, your passport states that you are a Hoor..." .... WHYYYYY????

7 comments:

Purgatory said...

Yup, Hoor, can't do much about it,she is stuck with that for the rest of her life,and Hoor does not mean mermaid (exactly).

Anonymous said...

First time I comment here, i was always afraid of you for some reason..

Anyway, hoor does not mean mermaid, it means whiteness, purity, and softness.. and its not hoor, its 7oor with a "7777777"

Ur evil

Jewaira said...

Hooriyah is mermaid

Hoor is like a beautiful maiden of paradise

Desert Girl said...

Dudes/dudettes, thanks for the edjumacation because I honestly didn't know what it meant. Thats cool - I have learned something new this morning.

Eksha5 - No need to fear the evil. I take "UR evil" as a compliment. :)

Hoor, 700r, still sounds like the other one to me. But hey, don't take my word for it: go forth and ask other 'mericans or westerners.

I got a mithilin: What if someone western had named their kid "Kissy"(perfectly innocent word in English)or something to that affect. How would it appear on their Kuwait civil ID? tee hee

Purgatory said...

You had to think of Kissy, while you have Dick.

I was watching a show yesterday and one of the guys was called Peter File.

Anonymous said...

Haahaaa!! LOL u got me there!
ur not "hayna" after all ;)

sanaeees cousin ;D

Traveleer said...

you are white, pure and soft. I can I call you My Hoor?