Saturday, June 09, 2007

Commercial Facilities - "No Guarantor"


Bobarino went into Commercial Facilities Company - after seeing their advertisement offering Expat Loans up to 15 times your salary with no guarantor (Says so right on their website). He only applied for 3 times his salary and he was told he needs a Kuwaiti guarantor, as they have had problems in the past. He asked why it was advertised everywhere as "no guarantor". He was told that it was "marketing". Yeah - as in FALSE advertising. This is all heresay, of course, as it didn't happen to me. I am planning to go in and apply for a loan with them to see what happens to me personally. Has anyone had a bad experience there?


He decided to try NBK which he said offered AMAZING service. We both had bad experiences in the past with NBK after leaving PWC, but he said that he couldn't believe the quick turn around on his loan request. They even called him and said, "The money is in the bank, Mr. (Bobarino)".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i didnt knew that you are an ex pwc :)

Purgatory said...

NBK is the devil's bank.

Desert Girl said...

Yes, Amer, I prostituted my soul at PWC for a while.

NBK - I kinda still feel like that after they treated me the way they did. I don't know if I could go back to them, really.

Anonymous said...

lol thats too much of hatred, i hope you are at a better place now..

n NBK - i still feel they are the best i have tried mostly all the banks in kuwait, but i still consider it as the best one.

Anonymous said...

PWC = Sucks.

NBK = Sucks harder.

This whole country's financial system needs a complete overhaul. Believe me you should read the fine print in those loan applications. They'd make you so giddy!

But of course, they won't let you read it...take it from an ex-bank employee.

Ever seen the Visa card book of rules & regulations? It's 5 inches think more or less. ;)

Oh and hello there :)

jobs said...

Been in CFC last week. And after answering a few questions, I give my requirements, however the guy's(seated beside the buildings' post) turn me down and ask me instead to come back again the next day and bring a Kuwaiti guarantor.

And yeah, I'm an expat. But really, for KD1000 do I need a Kuwaiti guarantor?

And their ad says "Commercial Facilities - "No Guarantor". WT@!