Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Little Messages from Dad

With the anniversary of my dad’s death quickly approaching on March 29th, I am thinking about him a lot. I am paying more attention to little signs to see if he is sending me any messages or to let me know that he is with me. I think so.

Some of the signs are less likely to be signs – like just thinking about him when I had to use my air pump that he gave me before I came to Kuwait “just incase your tires need filling”. That little air compressor was probably the best thing I brought with me from the States. I’ve used it often throughout the years. Like this morning when the tire was flat and none of the little “puncture stores” in my neighborhood were open.

This morning in the shower, I found myself singing a song that my dad liked. I hadn’t thought about that song for a long time and yet it was stuck in my head. I’ve often thought of that time right between asleep and awake as a time when you could more clearly receive messages.

This afternoon, I had a meeting this morning with a man who turned out to look very similar to my father. He even wore the same 70’s fashion of glasses frames that my dad did. It kind of freaked me out and I was finding it hard to look at the man. He probably thought that I am mental or had something wrong with my eyes.

I told my sister that I would move back to Virginia in March. I had it all figured out right after The Man and I parted ways, but even before that – I had been thinking about it when my Dad died and The Man wasn’t behaving as well as he could have/should have. I should probably go. It is harder all the time even to think about it. I know my dad always wanted me there and not here.

8 comments:

eshda3wa said...

i believe they are signs from him
and im sure hes glad ur noticing them!

NoNoWa said...

I am sorry about ur dad. It must be really difficult for u. But these little signs that are happening around u- can assure that he is looking down on u ,from above.....

EniGma said...

So sorry about your dad. You post is heart breaking. He probably is watching over you somewhere..

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your dad.

Desert Girl said...

God sends each of us angels all the time. Sometimes you have to look closely to see them. Sometimes they even write comments on blogs...

Thank you.

Selfridges Girl said...

i'm so sorry 4 ure dad
ireally beleive if signs since my mom died idreamm on her every night 2 many msgs on my dreams come true ibeleive that they think of us even when they now in haven
imiss her very much iknow that u do
god help u

Jewaira said...

You're blessed to have fond memories like that.
Sending much love your way :)

Don - Jeams said...

dear Desert Girl ...

Death is a path we all shall walk, I know nothing in the world can understand your sorrow and grief upon the lost of a loved one, he is your father, and nothing … nothing well ever make for that, don’t you ever allow yourself to be patronized by the word’s I know what you feel or I’ve been there, for no one been there, every relation between two souls are like finger prints, non are the same, non are alike, thus no one has the right to claim, that he understands your pain, but a question raises, since death is written upon all of us, how shall we deal with it ?, well there is a way, by remembering and honoring them, we shall for ever remember them at their best, and remember us with them at our very best, for they shall for ever remain a part of us, and they well never ever want to cause us pain, for they are watching over us, and them knowing that their memories are causing us misery, they will wish that they never been in our lives, for they love and relish us above their own souls, and it is indubitably hurts them knowing that them been in our lives is causing us to suffer, we must stay loyal to them in death as we were to them in life, and our loyalty is best proven by respecting their wishes of ever joy and happiness for us, we must make them a pleasant idea in our lives, for that is their wish.

p.s.: i was very moved by words, thank you for letting us in to ur heart.