Saturday, February 17, 2007

Frolicking in the dust


Yesterday, I went to Azayez (Sheikh Ali’s farm) in Abdali. The weather on the way up was gorgeous, but on the way home, there was so much dust that it looked like snow. OMG – I have never driven in dust so bad (at 180kph); It was freakish. I broke my Salmiya to Abdali record: 45 minutes. Anyhoo, we had a great day eating steak and shrimp and lobster and basically frolicking. I got a sunburn (ouchies), but it was worth it. There was a little political discussion going on over lunch, and so I ran away to play with deers (I don’t care if “deers” is grammatically wrong. I like it and you can’t argue with a sick mind.). Anyhoo, it was a Friday and I don’t do politics on Fridays (the discussion was not in favor of what I would like to see achieved, so it just served to piss me off). I wanted to play with camels, but the dust was kindof bad out there.

I went to see Fishgirl and Bobarino in the hospital last night with Bunny (about half an hour after driving back from Abdali). He hadn’t visited her and felt bad about it, so we went while she is still there recuperating from her Valentine’s Day knee surgery. (Some men give flowers – Bobarino gives knee surgery.) I went with Bunny to Buffalos to get hubungous hamburgers and wings (yes, after all the food at Azayez! Look, once your stomach is stretched, you might as well forget it because you are going to be hungry for the rest of the day. I’m back on my “diet” today.)

Hopefully, Bunny is going to sell my car for me. He knows it inside and out and loves it like I do, but alas, the time has come to (seriously this time) part ways with it. I’ve got 2 buyers who think that I’m a blonde pushover (am not, Purgy!) and that they can bargain the price down (as if). I’m going to let Bunny take over from here. I think one guy will get it within the next few days – a young Kuwaiti guy who can actually afford the upkeep (rather than the Honda Civic-driving young potential buyer from Shaam who was worried about the price of tires and wants to buy it “just to race”. Racing costs money; especially with the modifications that need to be done to my car.). My motto: If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. I can say with a certain degree of honesty that that motto can hold true in several aspects of my life; not just my car.

It was a nice weekend, but kind of strange at the same time. Not at all what I expected.

7 comments:

Purgatory said...

I never said you are a blonde pushover!

Desert Girl said...

No Purginator, you didn't. Sometimes I just like to mix it up to see if you are paying attention. Now that I am aware that you are, we can go back to our regularly scheduled program.

Purgatory said...

I do pay attention and Purginator sounds like someone who gets people pregnant!

Desert Girl said...

You totally crack me up. I was thinking more like "terminator", but I can see where your thinking would go. Purgulator (perculator), Purgissimo, Purgaliscious...

Mirror Polisher said...

I didn't know there were deers (ditto for what u said) in Kuwait. Thanks for the info.

Purgatory said...

What is next, Purgazmo?

Desert Girl said...

Magical Droplets (now don't even get me started with that nickname!!!) - there are no wild deers in Kuwait (just captive deers on farms) except for the elusive jackalope. Sometimes you see the jackalope running ass-over-tea kettle through the wilds of the desert; most likely burrowing in places where snipes live.

Purgasmic.