Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Sushi Challenge Continues …

Ok, so I did my own challenge last night – seeing if really and truly Sakura was the best and I had just not forgotten that Edo couldn’t compare.

I didn’t invite the Sushi Pride Club because of their tremendous protest of the mere mention of going to Sakura. I know Purgy doesn’t want to be deemed traitorous by visiting Sakura (the home of the BEST SUSHI IN KUWAIT). I would invite him – for say…Sakura’s Special Sushi-Sashimi platter (13 pieces of sushi and 15 pieces of sashimi) and maybe a Raed roll (Crab Tempura , Cucumber, Mango & Spicy Sauce Rice out with Tobiko) or some of the most outstanding tepanyaki anywhere in the whole world (like sirloin that melts in your mouth like butter or scallops or salmon). The Romanian and I split the Special platter and yes – I WAS RIGHT (as if there were ever any question) – Sakura remains the best….

One of my mom’s best friends died yesterday. Ya see – this is one of those moments when I know I shouldn’t be in Kuwait; I should be with her to make her feel better. I’ll send her flowers today.

I am giddy with power today as my boss is out of the country and I have signature authority. I’m reviewing orders like I have a frickin clue what the hell they pertain to. Very important stuff. Here (Desert Girl), sign this (5,000 kd); sign this (3,000 kd). I like it. Oh, if only it were my own money and not just monopoly.

Here is what disgusts me (among other things).. there is a person in my office whose mommy quite obviously didn’t teach him that not only is it POLITE to cover your mouth with your hand when you cough, but it is also hygienic. I don’t necessarily want to see someone’s tonsils, if you know what I mean.



Sidebar: Ok, so you are NOT the face of EVIL. Get over it. Did you expect me to lay flowers at your feet after you've treated me like doo-doo? North Wind and The Sun story. Your cold wind won't do a thing for the situation.

1 comment:

Purgatory said...

Is this post an invitation, or is just a fabrication of how you enjoyed Sakura again? You know you like Edo, you really do, and if you do not, then we will come kidnap you and force you to eat
Edo all the time.