Sunday, January 21, 2007

I must use my powers for good and not evil

I announced by SMS to my girls that “I want to kiss a boy”. (And by “boy” I am referring to one who is about my age.) I went to a party and I almost kissed a boy. (Ok, he was more like a man, but one never knows, do one?) I was intent on kissing a boy – as I regularly am – and yet, somehow I manage to be too shy and girly (yes me, shut UP!) and never go through with it. He was right there, whispering something in my ear (ok, he was shouting because the speaker was next to my other ear, but it felt just like whispering). His face was brushing against mine. The mood was set. There was candle light and lots of whiskey. Romantic by Kuwaiti standards, right? There was a fire (room heater) in the tent. And then, and then, and then… I couldn’t do it. Damn. Why do I have to be so pure and virginal (shut up!!!). Anyhow, maybe later. I have all of these stupid pre-conceived dating rules – including never kissing when 1) I’m at a party 2) I’m drunk at a party c) I don’t know the boy and have never seen him before 3) All the boys friends were probably watching and e) all my friends would make fun of me later for 1, 2, c and 3 above.

Anyways, got his number, he got mine. He did the gentlemanly thing and called to make sure that I got home (at 5:43 am as I was walking through the door). Me likes.

I didn’t know anybody there. Romanian and her sister brought me to their friends’ camp and I adore the guys now. They were SO nice! Such gentlemen. Anyways, late on in the evening/morning, one of the guys comes and sits down next to me. He’s bedu, so he’s being very polite as I’m a new guest and all that. He took my hand as if to hold it. He took a ring off his finger and put it on mine. He held my hand. And THEN – he starts telling me ALL about my life! Holy shit this guy was accurate! He knew details. He’d never seen me before. I know the Romanian doesn’t talk about anyone ever. She is totally loyal. Anyways, the guy started telling me intimate details about The (former) Man. He spoke as if he was talking “from the heart”. Very intense and revealing. Leetle bit o’drama: I burst into (whiskey) tears (yes me, I have a sensitive side) and walked out of the tent. (Yes, I did give him his ring back.) Then, the Romanian jumped to my defense. She thought that Dude was offending me in some way, “What did you say to my friend? Did you insult her?” All he would say is, “She knows. She knows.” So, my girlfriends grabbed their bags and we left. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen the Romanian so mad; cute little thing was defending me! Anyways, we called the guy and apologized later. The guy felt really bad. Apparently no one had told him that I am a basket case. It just totally freaked me out and perhaps that new brand of whiskey – whateveritwas – was just too much for my Irish blood.

Ok, I omitted this paragraph about the Man formerly known as The Man because 1) it was mean 2) God is going to get me for being mean and 3) The fact that I really want to be that mean is disturbing me greatly. However, having said that, I am not over all that baggage (obviously from above). He stole someone very important to me and replaced him with someone I don't know. Ever heard that Pretender's song "Back on the chain gang". That's us. And he is allowing it to happen.

"The powers that be
That force us to live like we do
Bring me to my knees
When I see what they've done to you
But I'll die as I stand here today
Knowing that deep in my heart
They'll fall to ruin one day
For making us part."
As I have said before, and I will say again - I just want to know where you have buried his body because you are NOT him. I would like to be able visit his grave because that person is gone and I don't feel like I have anything tangible to grieve over. THAT man wouldn't be this way. THAT man was strong and protected me from bad things. THAT man wouldn't allow a witch to come between us. Did you think that my life would stand still without you? Did you think that time would stop because YOU took away my choice? Do you want me to wait and for how long??? While you are doing who-knows-what? You have no right to judge me now.
Why do you want to take the easy way? Why won’t you fight? What makes you feel so down when you have so many gifts to bring you up? Stand up! Fight!

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program.

The other guy that I was going to save as fodder for future blog posts – He’s history. Yup. Met him on a Thursday – exactly 1 week to the day and he was out. Simply stunted. Didn’t want to go out in public. Invited me (the night it rained real hard) to dinner in the desert (shinHU?). Finally, when Romanian and I were out for coffee – going to the same place as he was going and purely by coincidence (swearaGod) – he said he would be there but there were “too many people” to be “seen” with us. Yeh. As if. He thinks he’s from Kharafi or something. Gateeeeyeh. I sent him an SMS saying, “you don’t know what you want or how to get it”. He sends back, “How do I get it ;)” AS IF phuckin lech. I send back, “2 KD and a shawarma in Jleeb will get you what you want.” Fodder.

I had dinner with Yum Yum man and his cousin last night at Teng Chao (which unfortunately reminds me of Hamster and his sisters). He is ALL about business (snore), but I can't turn him down because I love to look at him. He never takes the bait and never flirts, which just drives me INsane. Last night was the first time that he wasn't in a dishtasha and I thought I would swoon. He's got amazing hair - kind of like Shamlan used to have - all wavy and gorgeous (mashallah, mashallah). If only he wasn't so annoyingly married and happy. Damn the fates!

Purgy’s sushi competition is tonight. Edo vs. Sakura. SAKURA RULES BABY!!!! I’ve been to Ego about a gazillion times. I just don’t like the “oh so polite” people who frequent it and the “oh so small’ portions. I want to check out Purgy too to make sure that he’s not one of those “limp wristed” sushi eating men. He sounds like he’s not, but I must check. I’ll let you guys know. Anyhoo, I told him to sit far away because I have a very strong gag reflex. Tee hee. (That is so not true BTW)

3 comments:

Purgatory said...

You will be seated at far end as requested.

Unknown said...

Oh dear god remind me to never piss you off. I don't want to be fodder!

Sounds interesting. The fortune telling event with the bedu totally amazes me. I think that would be awesome, unless someone like that told me I was a dork. It's one thing to say it, it's one thing to say alot of right things and then say it. Then I would believe :)

have fun with the Sushi. And yes, Sakura does totally rock.

Desert Girl said...

Thanks Will. Miss you, boy.

He told me a lot about his evil witch of a ... ok nevermind.

Anyhooo, thanks for the vote on SAKURA! :)