Sunday, June 26, 2005

Official Bitching

The other night, I was bitchin to my friend who works for the Prime Minister. I complained mostly about the traffic in the free trade zone which is still very much on my damn nerves. When I got done with my incessant ramblings, I asked him if he could relay a compliment to Sabah Al Ahmad - that I have seen improvements since he has been PM. My friend said, "Why dont' you tell him yourself? We show him all the comments people post to his website." (http://www.dpm.gov.kw/) Finally, an Official way for me to vent!

This could be a good thing. Maybe I will become a regular. Maybe Sheikh Sabah and I will become buds and discuss various happenings around the country. Maybe I can give him my frank oppinion of things. Maybe.... I'll just get my ass kicked out of Kuwait. Ok, but now that I know someone will see something I've rambled about, my world has a different meaning.

Trucks in the free trade zone can't move between 6:30 and 9:30 am and 12:30 and 3:30 pm. At 9 am, they start rolling - causing everyone who is trying to get into the FTZ at that time a major butt pain. At 5:00 - when you would think that they wouldn't allow trucks on the road - there they is! Since the free trade zone is supposed to be international, most of us don't go home at 1:00 like the "normal" Kuwaiti population. We have to wait until international close o'business at 5. It sucks and not in a good way.

6 comments:

heezy said...

Yesterday there was a very interesting post about
talking to Bo Nasser.

Stinni said...

I second that.

Desert Girl said...

What did it say? I can't read it either. I'm illiterate. :(

PALFORCE said...

Where is it at? I couldn't find it.

Truth Seeker said...

when are you going to blog?! Come on DG! We r waiting, tongues a-waggin!

Desert Girl said...

I got this response (don't know if you want to be anonymous dude) about the story regarding Bo Nasser (Sabah Al-Ahmad - God love 'im!):

Recently there's been a flood of paid ads in Kuwaiti newspapers of
people asking for help from Bo Nasser (Bo Nasser is Sabah Al Ahmed our PM) the guy who wrote the post I linked in your blog was making fun of that because of a recent paid ad by a few school girls who are being forced to redo their final exam due to suspicion of cheating. So they he just went on and on asking Bo Nasser to solve every personal problem he has.