Monday, May 09, 2005

The Truth Hurts

I had more to write, since my friend, SummerQ8, got me fired up again.

More on married men: I've got a guy calling me right now, saying, "Please let me see you. I promise you - you are the ONLY one?" Well, chellooooooo - I bet your wife thought that when she married you and had your kids, right? Bet she still thinks she’s the only one.

Let's take my x-fiance for example. I thank God every time I mention him that I didn't marry him (thank you, God). He’s Kuwaiti and I’ve known him most of my adult life. I used to admire him. He was lonely when his father died, so he couldn't wait the 6 months it would have taken me to get to Kuwait to check out the family and the country. (And I’m HERE now, aren’t I and liking it just fine, but not because of him.) So, he married his sister's friend (who is really a lovely lovely person and I like her). They have 7 (as in SEVEN) children. That in itself is Jerry Springer hailag in my book. The last 3 kids were - in his words - "mistakes". I said, "What were you running across the floor, tripped, and your penis fell in her?" She has diabetes and the last 3 births almost killed her. After child #6, she had her tubes tied. (Why? Because it isn’t masculine to have a vasectomy.) Apparently, the tubes became un-tied (or whatever doctor did the procedure incorrectly). So, lucky 7 was a big mistake and almost killed her. After she gave birth and was going through the 40 day stay-at-home period, X-Dude calls me, and says (I still can not friggin believe he said this), “Do you know any girls you can hook me up with?” I know all his 5 sisters-in-law. They are my friends. I like his wife. As a woman, I was offended. Knowing them, I was even more offended. Having him ask me if I knew any girls, I was more more offended. THANK YOU, GOD!!!! I said, “Wow. You must really hate your wife.” He responded, “No, of course not. I love her.” Yeeeeeeeeaaaaahh, riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Divorce. If you are not happy, spare everyone else the unhappiness. Once you become parents, however, both parents DO have an obligation to raise their children as parents. I’ve got male friends whose x-wives won’t let them see their children and they have all but given up on trying. Keep trying. They are your kids. Just because a divorce takes place doesn’t mean that the kids no longer have a father or a mother. The responsibility of raising them – regardless – should be shared.

G, as far as the wife spending money so that the husband can’t afford to marry a second wife: I don’t understand this on either side. I know it happens. It happened to a good friend of mine and when he finally got up some cojones and got divorced, she set fire to their villa and vandalized his BMW, so he wouldn’t have anything left. Pshychobitch! If the guy knows that is what she is doing, why is he still married to her? And hey – here is some radical thinking – why doesn’t SHE have a job and get her own shit? If I were a man (if only), that kind of spending would get real old, real quick.

I’ve got friends who ask for (and receive) diamond watches and cars. What is UP with that? I can’t ask for a shawarma or a box of chocolates without feeling guilty about it. I go out with this particular friend, just to see if her group of men are any different humans: maybe there is a species of gift-giving men. When I met them, they seemed to be normal, intelligent men. Girlfriend has only worked for about 6 months in her entire life. She has an X5 and a Mercedes 350. Her furniture and wide screen TV were paid for. I know that she's pretty much gahaba and all that, but still – how does she do it?

I can’t even find a decent, single guy who wants to go to dinner. What is UP with this country?

18 comments:

Purgatory said...

You will not find any.

Mark said...

purg is hinting to call him

Purgatory said...

No, just a general comment.

illusion said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
illusion said...

Decent guys stay at home and thats why you can't find them. If you have the chance, go home for a while, everyone needs a break from Kuwait and its twisted lifestyle

Mad M2000 مــادم الكويت said...

You will not find any. again, You will NOT find any.

Kuwaiti male mantra: After you are done fucking the pussy ( or the anus preferably)..piss on it and smile while you flush it down the toilet. Then pray to God to send you another one.

Thats how it works here since the ancient merchants/pearl divers left Kuwait and discovered that Vaginas - in huge quantities - do exist in other parts of the world.

Do not waste your time...look elsewhere. The dust you see these days, is produced mainly by Kuwaiti males who are still using the same old tactics in hunting for V's.

Enjoy the summer vacation...I`m Darth Vader in a traditional summer "Besht"

Mark said...

purg dont be shy now

Purgatory said...

I am not shy, I do not fit her requirements.

Mark said...

ah, you don't want to go to dinner...

Purgatory said...

hmm, are you inviting me now again for sushi :)?

2 Second Club ® said...

D gurl, don’t have big hopes for Kuwaiti men mentality. Sooner or later they will deceive you.. My advice, Latino men have almost the same looks as Kuwaiti men have (if you are attracted to that dark skin, black hair looks), go for them.. they are much better lovers than Kuwaitis, that don’t know that women have orgasms.., and much more loyal to their wives.. and definitely better dancers.. :P

Desert Girl said...

Damn - I've opened up a can of worms.

Illusion - where are their houses? Addresses!!!

Mad - you crazy, boy! :)

Ma'cheezmo - you sound adoreable.

Don - I'm a fighter and enjoy a good challenge. It is a sickness that I can't kick.

Anybody know any Latin men in Kuwait? I'm not talking about short, ugly ones either! My x in the States was from the Dominican Republic and could breathe through his ears. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jacqui said...

I try to find something to say but I can't.. no use arguing since I will be lying to myself and everyone out there.. and agreeing would just ummm :P give no solution hehehe but then again no solution is needed other than to tie up all the cheating bastards and i was going to say spank them but then again they like that.. I say cut their wee wee's off :P but that would be too harsh.. let's try to find a good punishment.. shall we? :P

Truth Seeker said...

In response to all this, see my post entitled:
Disindigenous Selection...

cause i feel for you girls...

Ms K said...

LOL @ Muslim Artist!!

Hey Desert girl, I think you might get lucky in Kenya!!

Truth Seeker said...

I dated a Kenyan once... :-) Fine black specimen! (j.k!)

He actually took me on the best dates ever and there was effort and thoughtfulness put into them:-)

Yeah DG.. I think Kenyan may not be such a bad suggestion, but becareful, African men tend to have a chip on their shoulder which is super sensitivity leading to feeling insulted easily. Big pride easily hurt. I think it stems from having been colonized by white folk...

illusion said...

Amerab

If I knew where they lived I would have hooked up with one by now! But I do know they exist !

Desert Girl said...

Thanks Lora. I'm glad that you are happy and I hope it continues, Inshallah. Not everyone has the same luck or chooses the same lifestyle. I don't think I could ever get with a religious guy here - too many restrictions that I'm not willing to live by. It is nice to hear from someone who is happy! Best of luck to you, DG