Monday, April 04, 2005

I could get used to this

Our new office isn't ready yet, so I haven't had to rush out of the door at the crack of dawn to get anyplace. It is kindof nice, but at the same time, I feel so weird about not having somewhere that I must be every day. I'm working on several different projects for the new company, so it isn't like I'm not doing something, but it isn't like 'real' work either. I just have a lot of meetings outside the an office, followed by lots of documentation on the computer.

For example today - Sheeshagirl and her new man, SailorMan, invited me to the SAS to go swimming. I managed to fit in 3 meetings with office furniture vendors at the hotel - while I was resting poolside. That's life, baybee. Granted, 2 of the vendors were ab-so-lute idiots and pissed me off to no end, I managed to get back to the pool and relax between idiots.

How can companies operate without e-mail, business cards, or a website? I don't understand that. My new boss calls them "opportunities". Yeah. One of the vendors (the dumbest of the dumb), couldn't figure out their own e-mail address (on hotmail because they are too stupid to have their own domain name) and I actually had to create another e-mail account FOR them, so I could send them our new office layout. I SMS'ed the girl the site (www.gmail.com), the username, and the password. Her manager called me to say that they couldn't open the site. I asked him to keep me on the phone while he ran through it. His response was, "I can't open it from hotmail." ummmm.... chelllooooooo

When we finally met, the manager kept talking OVER me and interrupting me, so I finally said, "Look, I've seen what you like. I want to show you what I like. (he interrupted me) And if you don't stop interrupting me and talking over me, I want you to know that you are REALLY pissing me off!"

The other one, mentioned to me 4 times how nice it was to be sitting next to a beautiful lady, so that all the people could see him. Then, he mentioned that he was here alone from Egypt and single, so anytime I wanted to meet him - day or night, he was available. He then pointed out the window and said, "You see, I have a very nice car. A Lumina. I can take you anytime to our showroom." To SHOW me WHAT?????

I have 2 more meetings with idiots. I will absolutely not never no ever buy a black or brown leather sofa. That seems to be the haute couture of Kuwaiti office furnishings. Funk dat. Aint happenin in my world.

Vodka. Today is a vodka day. I wish I had some Absolute Citron . Yummmmm. I wish I had some out at the pool at the SAS. Which brings me to another point - the SAS club. Perhaps weekends are better, but today seemed to be teenaged-girl and big-fat-white-businessmen day poolside at the SAS. The men looked like baluga whales and the beeny bopper girls were - well, just that. Maybe it is a hangout for peodophiles, I don't know. I wasn't liking the current.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be receiving my settlement from the KGB. Short, sweet, and simple. Funny thing about when you decide to have a lawyer intervene on your behalf - all your former colleague "friends" suddenly get quiet and treat you like you have a disease. I have had several very strong signs from God lately that I have done the right thing. 2 days ago, a woman walked up to me and said, "Don't you work at (the KGB)?" I said, 'not anymore'. She said, "I hated that place. I worked there for only amonth and quit. It is awful there." Yeah. Just like that.

I'm pretty content, although a little weirded out. I still can't seem to get my groove back.

5 comments:

2 Second Club ® said...

Come on Stella.. get your Groove back on !! :P

Jacqui said...

I always enjoy reading your blog hehe yet you always tend to leave me speechless by the end of each post :P

Desert Girl said...

Thanks Jackie. Speechless in a good way or speechless in a "I can't believe she just said that" kind of way? :) LOL

Desert Girl said...

I miss you, Don.

Desert Girl said...

Yes Gail - as my mother says, "This might be your last opportunity." A Lumina - parked right outside. Oh, isn't Moondoggy just dreeeeeeeamy? LOL