Tuesday, March 22, 2005

And Sometimes God Sends You Lawyers Who are Also Angels

So I went to see a VERY good lawyer friend who likes to see his name and picture in the paper. I know him because I was invited to his party place once by a hoochie friend. We had drinks there that night - and then several other nights. The guy is totally amiable, so after several years of not being in touch with him at all, I had the opportunity to use his services this week.

If anyone out there needs an outstanding group of lawyers with contract and labor experience, write to me (amerab@gmail.com) and I'll give you his contact details. They are extremely professional (by Western standards) and speak English well.

It sucks that it has come to that, but I'm tired of people thinking that I am a stupid ajnabeeya and that I don't have any rights. Anyone who picks up a Kuwait Labor Law book (available at Muthanna) will know that you do have rights. The KGB wanted me to sign an 10 page agreement - basically giving them the right to my life and giving me no rights whatsoever, so I took it to LawyerMan et al. I use the term, "bullshcit" all the time, but it carries SO much more weight when a lawyer says it during a meeting.

Call me a pushy, agressive American if you will, but hey - when push comes to shove, we try to find out what our rights are and then stick by them. I love LawyerMan. I simply do. I feel so much better after talking to him last night. Now, I don't have to converse with the KGB. Yippee.

I haven't had the time to socialize. I am going to try to rectify that this weekend. I did have lunch with MuslimArtist and TataBotata yesterday (sorry, but Starbucks DOESN'T COUNT as lunch, MA!!!!) outside in the sunshine. My stomach was screaming, "sushi''! That's ok. I hadn't seen my pal in a while, so it was nice hanging with her. Tata has some great ideas and he is kind of a whirlwind of creativity, so it is always nice to spend a little time with him.

Bunny has been incredibly supportive lately. He is my pillar of strength - ready to kick the world's ass if they do me wrong. I love that. Sometimes, his strength and fortitude amazes me at times when I don't think that he's noticing how I feel about a particular thing. He just knows and he appears (and then disappears, unfortunately). Like Lois Lane to Superman, I guess a girl just can't have it all. LOL

This past week, I have been to visit old friends who I haven't seen in a while and had chance meetings with others - all VERY positive meetings. When one door closes, a hundred more open.

No comments: