Sunday, January 09, 2005

Know-It-Alls are a Pain in the Derriere

So, I met a new guy recently. Good job. Good sense of humor. Relatively good looking. He is already grating on my nerves like fingernails on a chalk board. This weekend, we went out to lunch. Every subject I brought up - he knew about; and of course, knew better than me. I finally said, "Is there ANYTHING you don't know?" His response, "Oh, you think that too? All my friends say that. It is because (I can NOT believe he was serious here) I am so well educated and I have travelled extensively around the world." Blah blah blah blah.... I had to giggle. I'm like, "I didn't mean it as a compliment." He's relatively nice. And single. And we go to nice restaurants. Why can't I just like him? (read on)

After lunch, we went to pick up my car from the mechanic. Know it all dude literally stood between the mechanic and I and talked about MY car. That is MY car that I am paying to have fixed. That is MY car that I understand better than anyone. Why do stupid men think that women know nothing about cars? I took auto mechanics for several years and used to work on my own cars in the States. But nooooooooo - he wouldn't let the mechanic talk to me. He just went on and on in Arabic and poor mechanic dude was embarrassed because he knows me well enough to see when I am totally pissed off. Growl!

After all the above, I still invited him (me invite him) to my place for a balcony barbecue with my buddies, so they could give me their comments. HE brought 5 kilos of various meats (one of my friends is a vegetarian), charcoal, bread, appetizers, and even asked me what kind of grill I have in order to ensure that I have the right kind! My utensils weren't the right kind, the skewers weren't the right kind, the lighter fluid wasn't the right kind. My friends decided that the guy was not the right kind: "Oh my God - he is so not your type." Oh, and you know what he said about my dog (my baby, my companion, my family...), "Sometimes you have to take the thorns to have the roses." Since when has she been a thorn????? AT least he brought her a gift. No, I didn't get anything but a lot of meat. Write to me, I'll send you some! Oh, oh, oh - and you want to know the funny part - he never asked me what kind of food I wanted to barbecue! I already bought some sausage links and hamburger meat and appetizers. That's all I wanted.

Furthermore, if I invite a guy to dinner at my home, I like to do the cooking. I don't want someone I hardly know invading my kitchen unless specifically noted prior to the appointed time. That way, I can clean so he doesn't find out what a piggie girl I am.

Bunny stopped by on Thursday to watch a movie (Ladder 49) with me, which was nice. (He knows I am a dirty girl and he doesn't care - likes me just the way I am.) He also re-checked my Discovery (he's allowed). He knows a lot about cars - especially mine. Poor thing - He's sick again. He's had more flu's this year than I can count. That's because he's too macho to go to a good doctor, "devils in white coats." Why can't I just be with this guy; after all he is my very best friend and I'm more comfortable with him than anyone else except maybe my mother or my sister? Oh, too many reasons. He chased off a young guy who followed me home from Sultan Center on Wednesday (I really was sick - I was there to buy soup). Young Dishtasha Dude pulled up behind my car and started his dialog and out of nowhere came the Bunnymobile, tires squeeling around the corner; and chased off the bad guy! I pretended it was no big deal, but secretly - I was lovin' it. Oh, the chivalry of it.

Ladder 49. I don't want to watch firemen movies anymore. Too depressing. I just can't do it anymore. First Backdraft and now this one.

Why did stupid Showtime just air "A Christmas Carol" 3-4 days ago? They are so stupid. And why is it that if there is a movie where someone flips into a language other than English, that they only put the subtitles in Arabic instead of English - and then you get lost and don't have a clue what the hell is going on? And why is Showtime getting to be lame like Orbit? Does yours cut on/off the way mine does? Why do I need to send them an SMS in Dubai when I get an E16 Service Scrambled message? Why don't they just fix the damn problem?

Kuwait TV: I love the Kuwaiti soap operas. They are so similar to the Mexican soap operas I used to watch with my friends from Panama in DC (they translated to me). Why can't KTV put English subtitles on the Kuwaiti soaps? They are so cool - especially around Ramadan time. And really, if you think about it - they would teach all of us foreigners living in the country something about Kuwaiti day-to-day life (like drugs, alcohol, and sexual misconduct).

I had a great manicure/pedicure over the weekend (yes, I am a busygirl) at Solitaire in Jabriya. Ester even fixed my ingrown toenails (ouchies) without any pain. The only problem was that they don't have a proper manicure/pedicure chair and I can't begin to tell you how painful it was to sit on that stool-thing for 2 hours. Sheeeeeeet - I can't even do anything FUN for 2 hours! I heard Strands in Fanar has a really great man/ped massage chair. I'm going there next. I LOVE those chairs. Sometimes I go to Nemocolin Woodlands Spa and Resort in Pennsylvania with my sister; and at $400+ a night (and about $120 for a man/ped), that place doesn't even have decent massage chairs. Michelle (owner of Strands and Very Cool Person), you rock, girl!

I've had a totally boring day at work. Maybe there will be some cute men to flirt with on my drive home. Very doubtful, but one can hope.

Until tomorrow (or until the mood hits me)....

7 comments:

Tooomz said...

I can't believe after the first 2 strikes u invited him back to your place *laughs* I was ready to kill him at this point and I don't even know the guy! Is he finally out of the picture?

Truth Seeker said...

Bunny... now there's a man worth writing more about.

Desert Girl said...

2 strikes - okay, I have a guilty conscience and I feel kind of bad for the guy. He has a good heart, but he is "thageel".

Bunny - yeah, he's the man! If only....

Flamingoliya said...

i scanned your blog. and i like your sense of humor.

Jolasongur said...

Was just scanning your blog and all I can say is: You go girl!:)

Jolasongur said...

All I can say is You go girl! Great blog:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.