Thursday, January 13, 2005

Happy Happy Wednesday

I should be happy. It is Wednesday. The weather is beautiful. The sun is shining. Birds (somewhere) are singing. The ocean is pretty. The sky is pretty. I ate cookies for breakfast. My brain tumor isn't bothering me today.

One of my friends called me today to tell me that she has been in a depression and wants me to help her... Isn't THAT the pot calling the kettle bleak? She suffers from clinical depression, maskeena. Maybe I can set her up with Barbecue Boy..... THERE is a happy thought.

Crowne Plaza Privilege club: They used to be wonderful. I love their program. The card virtually pays for itself in only a few meals. Now, while the program is still great - their service SUCKS. I had nothing but trouble trying to get my card renewed. It has taken 2 weeks and they still haven't given it to me. ARGH!!!!! The "privilege" to them means making their customers do a whole lota work to get their card. I genuinely want to smack someone right now.

Does anyone know why there were F18's flying over my office this morning? I'm assuming that it wasn't ME they were after. They did it 3 times. I hope that it isn't another lost American pilot, thinking he's in Iraq. That would really suck, wouldn't it?

I took another route to work this morning to avoid Mean, Vengeful Traffic Cop. It was more relaxing, although longer, methinks. Either way - I still get to work late. DAMN that snooze!!!

Little trick I use to make myself get out of bed in the morning (that doesn't work): I bought a REALLY loud, obnoxious alarm clock and I place it waaaaay on the other side of the room. My philosophy is that I have to jump out of bed and get cold to turn it off - thus waking me up. The problem with this scenario is that I turn it off and jump back into bed again with my mobile phone, which I have seemed to have learned to set the alarm clock on while I am actually in REM sleep (how bizaar!) and then I just keep hitting snooze (set at convenient 15-minute intervals).

Ya see, it isn't REALLY the rain or the traffic that makes me late. If I was late to work in the mornings due to something FUN, then I would be smiling right now and I wouldn't care what my boss thought.

Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Do you think I should send out reminder notices? Is Godiva still in Fanar? Does anyone still love me or am I just too evil-tempered now?

5 comments:

Sou said...

HIS BAGGAGE GOT LOST?!! LOL!! There is a God!! hehehe...

*sigh* Valentine's Day--don't worry we all love you! hehe, no need to send out reminders, I'm sure you'll get loads of roses and stuff--only, wouldn't it be nice if we got a yacht, a new house in the South of France or maybe a new sports car?! hehe, a girl can dream you know!! Hehehe...

Closet Diva said...

Nice blog!
this is my first time here and so far I like what I see :) Keep up the good work! and don't worry about valentines...just go and treat yourself to a fabulous massage at Backstage, followed by self indulgent dessert at chocolate bar..you'll feel loved enough :)

Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Heyo! First timer over here as well! I like your blog, it's fun! So, you should update frequently... gah! I don't mean to sound so bossy! It just sounds that way so ... anyways haha I'm not crazy. So take care, laters.

Desert Girl said...

It is ALWAYS nice to receive positive feedback. I thrive on it. Thanks for thinking my pathetically lame lifestyle is humorous. :) Drunk & Gorgeous - I love your blog too. I've been checking it out for a long time. Women like you are my role models!

Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Aww sweetie you're too kind =^_^=